PPE and RPE: Preparing for return to the Dental Surgery – webinar taking place at 6pmNews
Posted by: The Probe 8th June 2020
The British Dental Conference and Dentistry Show is partnering with Dakatra, with support from the British Association of Dental Nurses, to produce a new webinar – PPE and RPE: Preparing for return to the Dental Surgery – this evening at 6pm. Those interested in taking part can register here for free.
Questions will be answered on PPE, RPE Fit Testing and the practicalities of returning to practice. The panel will comprise: Kariem El-Boghdadly, Consultant Anaesthiologist; Samy Darwish, Specialist Periodontist; Tarik Shembesh, Oral Surgeon; Cat Edney, Dental Therapist; Ashvin Babber, Dentist; and Rebecca Silver, Dental Nurse.
The panel aims to discuss the considerations required when using respiratory protective equipment in healthcare settings.
– To discuss the principles of respiratory protection and equipment.
– To differentiate between surgical masks & different types of respirators FFP1, FFP2, FFP3, reusable & loose fitting.
– To describe how this impacts the dental team and dental practice including routines and processes.
– Raise awareness on different employer and employee responsibilities.
– To discuss the potential impact Covid-19 has on the provision of dentistry and the PPE choices for the dental team.
The CPD event is aimed at Dental Professionals and their supporting staff to gain a better understanding of the principles of respiratory protection in the healthcare workplace through sharing guidelines, best practice & our experiences.
The CPD event meets the criteria for the GDC’s development outcomes B, C & D.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.