College of General Dentistry publishes members’ postgraduate qualificationsNews
Posted by: Dental Design 8th February 2024
The College of General Dentistry’s online Member Register, a public record of each current member’s membership number and grade, can now also display their postgraduate qualifications and awards.
The new functionality has been developed following interest from College members, who can now proudly display their educational and career achievements alongside their membership. The register displays only eligible awards, and only at the request of individual members and once validated by the College.
There is no charge for the service, which is open to all those in full membership of the College (Full Members, Associate Fellows and Fellows). Permitted inclusions are those postgraduate qualifications and professional accomplishments which contribute to eligibility for the individual’s grade of membership, with Associate Fellows also able to display awards which are recognised in the criteria for individual domains of Fellowship. The following awards are currently eligible for inclusion:
- Accredited Full Membership of the British Association for Cosmetic Dentistry
- Board Certification by the American Board of General Dentistry
- CGDent Diploma in Primary Care Orthodontics
- Diploma in General Dental Practice
- Diploma in Postgraduate Dental Studies
- Fellowship of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Fellowship of the College of Dentistry of South Africa
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Dental Trainers of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellowship of the Faculty of Medical Leadership & Management
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Fellowship of the International College of Dentists
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow or its Faculty of Dental Surgery
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland or its Faculty of Dentistry
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh or its Faculty of Dental Surgery
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England or its Faculty of Dental Surgery
- Fellowship or Honorary Fellowship of the former Faculty of General Dental Practice
- FGDP(UK) Diploma in Implant Dentistry
- FGDP(UK) Diploma in Minor Oral Surgery
- FGDP(UK) Diploma in Orthodontics
- FGDP(UK) Diploma in Primary Care Oral Surgery
- FGDP(UK) Diploma in Restorative Dentistry
- Law degree or LLM
- Master’s level qualification(s) in a relevant subject
- Membership in Advanced General Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Membership in General Dental Surgery
- Membership of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons
- MPhil or PhD in a relevant subject
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education
- Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma in a relevant legal subject
- Postgraduate Certificate(s) in a subject relevant to oral health
- Postgraduate Diploma or Masters in a leadership and/or management subject
- Postgraduate Diploma(s) in a subject relevant to oral health
- RCS(Ed) Diploma in Implant Dentistry
- Specialty Membership of a Royal College or Royal College faculty
To be accepted, Postgraduate Certificates, Postgraduate Diplomas and Master’s-level qualifications must be university-awarded or equivalent credentials at Level 7 as defined in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (equivalent to Level 11 in Scotland). They must also provide respectively 60, 120 and 180 UK credits or their international equivalent.
Further details are available here.
All registered dental professionals are eligible to become an Associate Member of the College, and the College would be delighted to discuss full membership options with any dental professionals holding or working towards eligible postgraduate qualifications. Eligibility criteria for each grade of membership are available here.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.